If you have received either the UPS Confirmation email or the American Airlines Order ID messages, you are not alone. Currently spam filters across the world are frantically adjusting their heuristics to combat these spam messages. While the filters are being automatically updated, we would recommend enabling a attachment filter to block these messages
NOTE: If this filter is applied, it will block any legitimate message with a .zip attachment. See below for the steps to enable the recommended filter and the recommended settings:
Attachment Manager Filter Steps
- Access the customer’s Postini User Org (not MAIL or Email Config level) and enable the Inbound Attachment Manager.
- We highly recommend enabling ‘Scan inside compressed file types’ and ‘Enable binary scanning’ as this may also help with any future evolutions.
- To build a custom filter for blocking .zip attachments, select Filter and follow the image below:
- Be sure to add ‘zip’ under 2. Custom Filter Types to either User Quarantine (in case of false positives) or under Quarantine Redirect.
- Click Save and the filter is applied.
MxToolbox has partnered with WebRoot to offer Web Filtering to protect your network from attacks through the web browser. For more details on the protection that this program can offer, go here.
Notice: Due to will-spam-for-food.eu.org (WSFF) enabling and disabling their RBL, our Blacklist Monitoring Service provided false results. From time to time list providers will enable their list (and list everyone) in an effort to ensure that no one is using their list.
At this time we have removed this RBL from our list. Our Engineers are also conducting an audit of our current list to ensure that it is the most accurate it can be.
For more information on what Blacklists are and how MxToolBox can help, read this blog post.
MxToolBox is not affiliated with any Blacklists, we just provide a public tool that can be utilized to see if you are on a Blacklist. If you are on a Blacklist, rest assured as we do offer Blacklist Protection! For more information please feel free to visit our website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re always looking for new Blacklists to add, so if you want to suggest one to us, please send an email to email@example.com.
For information about other Blacklists that have shut down or Blacklists that are having problems, view this forum post.